Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Flyers are Ready! Pick up Fri? Police Meeting Tomorrow*

Hi all. I know it's short notice, but I had a long talk with our senior lead officer Charles Thomas (very very nice man) who may come to our meeting - if not he'll send someone. Anyway, he asked if we could regularly start sending someone from our tenant's group to the
CPAB Community Police Advisory Board meetings. Tomorrow is the next one! I know I know, but he said it wouldn't hurt to ask. It's tomorrow (Thurs.) 7pm and also every third Thursday of the month - same time and place. at the Wilshire Station Roll Call Room. 4861 W. Venice just east of La Brea. I used to be a member and it's a wonderful way of having the concerns of our neighbors heard directly by the police and commanding officer. Also, it's a great way to learn what's going on. He urged everyone to get on the e-policing list - go to website at lapdepolicing.org and sign up!

ALSO FLYERS ARE READY! Thanks to the El Rey and Paul Billings! Can you pick them up and join us Friday evening for a bit of fun flyering? If so, meet me at my place 325 S. Cloverdale #105 (security code under ROBB) at 8pm Friday night. I tried to call everyone but I had to leave before I was done and I'll be in school all day Thurs and Fri until I get home in time to meet you all. So if you can come please do. If not, I will also be home Sat. morning if you want to pick them
up then.

We can use all the help that has been offered. Thank you all so much. I think this will be a very fun and productive meeting.

Peace,

No comments: