Saturday, January 20, 2007

Flyering a Huge Success 1/20/07

Thank you to Susie, Liz, Dave, Brendan, Robert, Dan, Ally and Louise
(and tomorrow Scott!) for your help flyering the neighborhood. Six of
us covered all the cars and apartments between 3rd and 6th street on
Detroit, Cloverdale and Cochran. Dan and Louise and Ally are covering
the areas from 6th to Wilshire - and if you see any cars parked at
meters late in the evening or on 2nd street, please give them flyers
as they are very familiar with the parking issues.

We were surprised at how delighted people were to see us. Those of us
who have done political work for years know how rare it is to have
someone HAPPY to see you putting a flyer on their car or home. The
people I made contact with kept saying "I'm so glad you're doing this
- can I have some flyers to give to my neighbors". It was inspiring
and reminded me of the good ol' days when we first formed the Miracle
Mile Action Committee.

Five of us went to a late dinner afterwards. Thanks everyone for your
help. I think Feb. 3 will be fun and productive. I hope we see some
good changes in our 'hood.

Peace,

No comments: